The Extrusion Technology (ET) Seminar is the premier technical conference for the global aluminum extrusion industry, occurring only once every four years.
The Tenth International Aluminum Extrusion Technology Seminar & Exposition (ET ‘12) will attract 1,300+ aluminum extrusion professionals from all over the world. Delegates representing more than 50 countries come to learn of up-to-date research and technical developments from the brightest minds in the aluminum extrusion industry.
While renowned experts are prominent among ET authors, not everyone has to have a lengthy set of credentials: there's room on the program for solid common-sense work reflecting real-world extrusion practice.
Find out more information on:
Important Dates for Authors:
- Mid-December: Online abstract portal opens
- March 14 , 2011: Abstracts due
- April 17, 2011: Selected authors receive notice of acceptance
- September 2011: Final manuscripts due
How to Submit an Abstract
Abstracts must be submitted in electronic format only through the ET ’12 online content collection portal accessible on this page.
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACTS USING THIS LINK:
IMPORTANT: This is the only method for submitting abstracts for ET ’12.
Please submit your abstract no later than March 14, 2011. Abstracts received after March 14, 2011 may or may not be considered. Abstracts will continue to be reviewed, however, the ET Seminar Committee will be highly selective when considering late abstracts.
The 200-word abstract must include sufficient detail to permit a thorough review and evaluation of the paper’s proposed content and significance. Authors may submit multiple abstracts.
From the practical to the theoretical, ET ‘12 delegates are interested in hearing what you have to say on topics including (but not limited to):
- Best Practices
- New Techniques
- Product and Market Developments
- Emerging Technologies & Applications
- Alloys & Manufacturing Research
- Sustainability and Environmental Issues
For more information on specific tracks and descriptions click here.
Please also view the Invitation to Submit Abstracts which includes:
- Selection Criteria
- Review of Abstracts
- Acceptance of Abstracts
- Final Manuscripts
- Duration of Presentations
Review Papers Also Sought
The ET Seminar Committee also wants delegates to be exposed to the latest technology updates from anywhere in the world, especially if there is quality information that might otherwise be missed. Review Papers will analyze and summarize previously published literature. Each paper must focus on a specific subject. Review Papers should be useful as an introduction of the subject matter to an industry novice, yet should provide an interesting and updated review of the topic to someone experienced in the field.
Review Paper Requirements
The following criteria must be met for a Review Paper to be considered for acceptance.
A Review Paper must:
- Include a statement in the Abstract indicating its status as a Review Paper.
- Reflect current technological advances.
- Encompass a worldwide point of view (unless otherwise stated in title and Abstract).
- Cite all common commercial or technical practices, wherever there is a divergence of such practices.
- Offer the reader a comprehensive list of references.